Media Advisory: How Will We Sustain a More Populated Planet?
Expanding demand from a growing world population — now numbered at over 7 billion — exerts unprecedented pressure on global resources, especially forests, water, and agriculture. Observing our world by remote sensing satellites enables scientists around the world to detect the most critical trends in natural resource conditions at local to global scales.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Media Advisory: USGS to Host Congressional Briefing on Landsat
- Media Advisory: 2011–The Year of the Flood?
- Confidence in Climate Data: Using 3 Million-Year-Old Records
- Media Advisory: New Federal Agreement to Support Water Resources Management
- Media Advisory: Briefing on Great Lakes Basin Water Availability and Use