Scientists to Discuss the Future of Water in Afghanistan
Population growth in the Kabul Basin, Afghanistan, due in part to returning refugees, is estimated to lead to a sixfold increase in drinking water needs by 2057. The U.S. Geological Survey is working in partnership with the Afghanistan Geological Survey to address questions of future water availability.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Afghanistan’s Kabul Basin Faces Major Water Challenges
- Great Lakes Water Availability
- Media Advisory: Briefing on Great Lakes Basin Water Availability and Use
- Water Regionally Abundant in Great Lakes Basin, but not Always When and Where it’s Needed
- Strategy to Assess the Nation’s Ground-Water Availability