As bicentennial approaches…
A team of scientists with the U.S. Geological Survey will be conducting a series of seismic profiling tests near the New Madrid Fault during the first part of June. Using the “Thumper” truck, researchers with the USGS and University of Texas hope to gather new insight into another region south of the New Madrid Fault zone that likely experienced large earthquakes 5000 to 7000 years ago.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Closing Thoughts — New Madrid Earthquake Bicentennial Remains Central Topic at Memphis Conference
- New Madrid Earthquake Bicentennial
- USGS Director Welcomes Independent Panel Report Confirming that Scientific Basis for New Madrid Seismic Hazard is Sound
- New Madrid: Debating Possibilities of a Future Earthquake
- Possible Cascadia and San Andreas fault link