(Video) Effects of Urbanization on Stream Ecosystems
Development can have negative effects on streams in urban and suburban areas. As a watershed becomes covered with pavement, sidewalks, and other types of urban land cover, stream organisms are confronted with an increased volume of storm water runoff, increased exposure to fertilizers and pesticides, and dramatic changes in physical living spaces within the stream itself.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- (Audio) Effects of Urbanization on Stream Ecosystems
- Aquatic Life Declines at Early Stages of Urban Development
- MTBE Ground Water Contamination
- (VIDEO) Connecting People and Urban Streams
- Geology Links for February 25th, 2009