Millions Awarded for Earthquake Monitoring in the United States
More than $7 million in cooperative agreements will be awarded for earthquake monitoring by the U.S Geological Survey in 2010. This funding will contribute to the development and operation of the USGS Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS).
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Recovery Act Funds Will Upgrade Earthquake Monitoring
- Earthquake Fatalities High in 2008
- State agencies and universities to receive $7 million in stimulus funding to improve volcano monitoring
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Awards $6 million for Research Leading to West Coast Earthquake Early Warning System
- USGS: Volcano Risks in the United States