Where the Bison Roam: The Status of Bison in North America
Bison are an icon of North America. However, bison today are restricted to less than one percent of their original range, according to a new report by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature. Peter Gogan, a USGS scientist and co-author of this bison report, discusses the status of North American buffalo and how they are affected by current management practices.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Silent Streams? Escalating Endangerment for North American Freshwater Fish: Nearly 40 Percent Now At-Risk
- Fossil Discovery Makes History: Studying a Prehistoric Climate and Ecosystem in Colorado
- Get the Buzz on Pollinators:
- Genetics Provide Evidence for the Movement of Avian Influenza Viruses from Asia to North America via Migratory Birds
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Increasing Nitrogen Deposition in Lakes