Ice Shelves Disappearing on Antarctic Peninsula
Ice shelves are retreating in the southern section of the Antarctic Peninsula due to climate change. This could result in glacier retreat and sea-level rise if warming continues, threatening coastal communities and low-lying islands worldwide. Research by the U.S.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Disappearing Ice Shelves on Antarctic Peninsula
- Antarctica Rapidly Losing Ice
- New USGS Study Documents Rapid Disappearance of Antarctica’s Ice Shelves
- Glaciers Retreating in Asia
- Retreat of Antarctic ice shelves not new