Want Clues to Future Climate? Let’s Look Back 3 Million Years…
Scientists have reconstructed what the climate conditions were 3 million years ago, and are using these data as one of the closest analogs to estimate future climate conditions. USGS scientists Harry Dowsett and Marci Robinson discuss some of their findings regarding carbon dioxide’s impact, Arctic conditions, and the deep ocean’s system.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Confidence in Climate Data: Using 3 Million-Year-Old Records
- Getting Warmer? Prehistoric Climate Can Help Forecast Future Changes
- Carbon Sequestration in Deep Sea Sediments
- Ice-free Arctic Ocean possible in 30 years
- New Discoveries Could Improve Climate Projections