Atlanta Floods Extremely Rare
The epic flooding that hit the Atlanta area in September was so extremely rare that, six weeks later this event has defied attempts to describe it. ?Scientists have reviewed the numbers and they are stunning. “At some sites, the annual chance of a flood of this magnitude was so significantly less than 1 in 500? that, given the relatively short length of streamgaging records (well less than 100 years), the U.S.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Have Floods Changed with Increasing CO2 Levels?
- Atlanta Flooding Sets New Records
- New Forecast for California Earthquakes
- Hayward – America’s Most Dangerous Fault
- Potential for earthquakes in the Bay Area