Free Landsat Scenes Go Public by the Million
On August 17, someone who wanted to see how the Earth looks from 440 miles away in space downloaded the one-millionth Landsat satellite image scene from a U.S. Geological Survey web site at its Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Stormproofing Water Data from Hurricane Irene
- Designed for 3 years, ‘workhorse’ satellite completes 25
- Landsat 5 Fully Operational After Brief Interruption
- USGS, NOAA Collaborate with Canada on Climate Data
- Landsat 5 Mission in Jeopardy