Contaminants in 20 Percent of U.S. Private Wells
More than 20 percent of private, domestic wells contain at least one contaminant at levels of potential health concern. About 43 million people—or 15 percent of the Nation’s population—use drinking water from private wells, which are not regulated by the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Water Quality of Potential Concern in US Private Wells
- Contaminants in Groundwater Used for Public Supply
- Arsenic, Uranium and Other Trace Elements, a Potential Concern in Private Drinking Wells
- Contaminants in Public Supply Wells
- Media Advisory: Quality and Safety of Private Drinking Water Wells