Manhattan Island – An Artist’s Concept
(Photo by Markley Boyer for The Mannahatta Project)
Here’s an interesting artist’s concept of what Manhattan Island might have looked like before humans came in and covered the whole thing with concrete! If you thought seeing glacial striations in Central Park is awesome, imagine seeing them all over the place!
[Via A Cup of Jo]
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Earliest Human Footprints Found in Mexico?
- New Island Spotted Near Tonga
- Geology Links for January 28th, 2010
- Scientists to try and plug Indonesian mud volcano
- Geology Links for January 11th, 2010