A Good Geology Movie
There are plenty of movies that come out of Hollywood that we consider atrocious because of their geology related story lines. However, what would you consider to be a good geology movie?
I have one for you. And it may seem like it’s out of left field.
The Shawshank Redemption.
While geology is only discussed a few times in the film, it becomes a key piece to the underlying story – starting with Andy receiving the rock hammer. And maybe that’s why it’s such a good geology movie – because it really isn’t about geology.
Anyway, if you have never seen it, I recommend that you check it out! Here is the trailer.
You can read more about it on Wikipedia (warning – contains spoilers!).
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Don’t Mess With a Rock Hammer [Offbeat News]
- USGS Corecast on the Glen Canyon Dam Flood
- Geology Links for November 26th, 2010
- Baseball – What’s the dirt?
- Conan O’Brien on the Phases of Boron