Mentone, CA – Is this why I became a geologist?
This past week, I was back home, spending the Thanksgiving holiday at my parent’s house. Incidentally enough, this is in the house that I grew up in my entire life. The house I grew up in is in the town of Mentone, California. It’s located in a very small, rural part of Southern California.
As I was driving through my old stomping grounds this weekend, and looking at some of the places I used to ride bikes to with my childhood friends, I couldn’t help but think, “did this town influence me to become a geologist?”
Here are some street signs I snapped around this small town.
You can see more street signs from Mentone, CA on my Flickr profile.
Photos by Dave Schumaker
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Buzz! Quiz TV – Geology Questions
- Weekend Adventures – Capitola Fossils
- Creating a Network of Volcano Observatories
- Geology Picture of the Day – Fault Scarp
- Hayward – America’s Most Dangerous Fault