Prehistoric Climate Provides Clues to Future Changes
More accurate predictions of future climate and improved understanding of today’s warming are possible with new data from the first comprehensive reconstruction of an extreme warm period. Past warm periods provide real data on climate change and are natural laboratories for understanding the global climate system.
USGS scientists Harry Dowsett and Marci Robinson discuss this research and implications.
[Via USGS Corecast]
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Want Clues to Future Climate? Let’s Look Back 3 Million Years…
- Getting Warmer? Prehistoric Climate Can Help Forecast Future Changes
- Flash Forward 100 Years: Climate Change Scenarios in California’s Bay-Delta
- Abrupt Climate Change: Will It Happen this Century?
- USGS, NOAA Collaborate with Canada on Climate Data