Time Lapse Videos of Glacier Movement
I was checking out some geology related videos on YouTube and came across these awesome time lapse videos of a glacier moving on Mont Blanc, captured from beneath the glacier itself. The glacier’s movement is measured with a modified tool that looks similar to a bike wheel on a spring. The video is from an episode of NOVA that aired on February 10, 2004.
Another video from the same NOVA episode showing what the movement looks like on top of the Mont Blanc glacier is below.
And lastly, here is this time lapse recorded from June to October 2004 of the Columbia Glacier in Alaska.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- (VIDEO) Climate Connections: Questions from Glacier National Park, MT (episode 4)
- Geology Links for March 9th, 2009
- Geology Picture of the Day – Mount Cleveland Eruption
- PodClast – Episode 2: Plagiarism and Earth Day
- Deformed Beaks May Signal a Greater Environmental Problem