Congrats to the Phoenix Mars Mission Team
Phoenix landed on the surface of Mars at 4:35pm (PDT) earlier today. The NASA/JPL briefing is happening as I type this.
First photos have been beamed back to Earth!
It will be exciting to see what this little “robot geologist” discovers when they start digging into the Martian soil.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Geology Picture of the Day – Cape St. Mary, Mars
- Live coverage of the Phoenix landing
- Phoenix Lander Captures Dust Devils on Mars
- Martian Geology – Naming, Rovers, and Landing Sites
- Budget Cuts Stop Mars Rovers