Geology Picture of the Day – Vesuvianite
While browsing through some recent geology related photos uploaded on flickr, I discovered the gallery of Daniel Russell, who goes by the flickr user name of Mineralogy. He has some absolutely incredible photos from his personal collection and is one of the most interesting that I’ve seen so far.
Today’s photo is the silicate mineral called Vesuvianite. This particular specimen was collected in the state of New Jersey.
Source: Daniel Russell (Mineralogy) on flickr.
Check out his set of minerals displayed on flickr.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Geology Picture of the Day – Selenite
- Hurricane Ike Aftermath – Galveston Photos
- A New Mineral: Lanthanio Dissakisite
- Geology Picture of the Day – Tavurvura
- Geology Picture of the Day – Tafoni