Geology Picture of the Day – The Bowl
Here is a great aerial photograph taken over Nevada of Weiser Ridge and a feature called “The Bowl.” Not too much information around that I can find about this area. I wonder if Silver Fox knows more about it? Though it looks like she’ll be gone for about a week.
Image Credit: Ale* on flickr.
Here is the location in Google Maps (showing the shaded relief map):
Seems like it might be a pretty fascinating place to take a structural geology class.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Image of the Day – Uvs Nuur Basin, Mongolia
- Geology Picture of the Day – Barstow Syncline
- Geology Picture of the Day – Fault Scarp
- Richat Structure in Mauritania
- Geology Picture of the Day – Tafoni