Man finds 2.37 carat diamond in state park
A man visiting the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas found a large 2.37 carat diamond while walking around the grounds this past weekend. Crater if Diamonds State Park is the only diamond bearing site in the world where visitors can search for gemstones and keep what they find.
This diamond is actually the 4th largest found at the park this year. Since its inception as a state park in 1972, over 24,000 diamonds have been found by visitors.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Website metrics from 2007
- Tracking Kimberlites in Minnesota
- Wired Magazine on Canadian Diamonds
- Insanely Large Diamond Found in Kingdom of Lesotho
- Daily Geology Links on Delicious – Thursday 11th of December 2008