New Cave System Discovered in California
An team of amateur researchers from the Kentucky non-profit organization Cave Research Foundation has found a new system of cave’s in Sequoia National Park, located in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains.
After finding the skeletal remains of different animals, including a bear, the researchers named the cave system “Ursa Minor.” It is not yet known how extensive this cave system is.
Thanks to my friend Peter for sending this one in.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Welcome to a New Contributor
- Prehistoric Cave Discovered in Israel
- Katrina Threatens New Orleans
- USGS Releases Results of Afghan Mineral Studies
- USGS Unlocks New Discoveries to Help Protect Endangered and At-Risk Species