The US Geologic Survey reports that Mount Augustine Volcano in the Cook Strait of Alaska erupted this morning at 4:44 a.m. Alaska Standard Time (9:44 a.m. EST). Keep up to date with the Alaska Volcano Observatory’s (AVO) Augustine activity page. Highlights include the seismic record from the Augustine webicorder, and two webcams (both socked in at this writing).
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Mount Redoubt Volcano Erupts Explosively Overnight and This Morning
- Mount Redoubt Volcano in Alaska Likely to Erupt
- Media Advisory: The Eruption of Mount Redoubt Volcano
- Media Advisory: The Eruption of Mount Redoubt Volcano Continues with Another Major Explosion
- Media Advisory: Mount Redoubt Volcano in Alaska Erupts Explosively