Mount St. Helens — A One-Year Anniversary Analysis of the Ongoing Eruption
It’s approaching the one-year anniversary of the renewed activity at Mount St. Helens. To celebrate, the USGS is holding a Media Event on Friday, September 23, 2005, at 10:00 a.m. PDT at the Cascades Volcano Observatory. Any bloggers in the neighborhood want to drop by and blog it? Also, keep your eyes open in the coming week or two for additional mainstream media coverage.
Itâ€™s been a year since Mount St Helens suddenly showed signs of volcanic unrest. Join CVO scientists for a retrospective and future analysis of the ongoing eruption.
Daily Mount St. Helens advisory updates, earthquake data and other information can be found on the internet at http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volcanoes/Cascades/CurrentActivity/current updates.html and http://www.pnsn.org/HELENS/welcome.html
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Media Advisory: The Eruption of Mount Redoubt Volcano Continues with Another Major Explosion
- (Video) Mount St. Helens: May 18, 1980
- (Audio) Mount St. Helens: May 18, 1980
- Mount St. Helens Eruption Surprises Scientists
- Media Advisory: The Eruption of Mount Redoubt Volcano