Food – Erupting Volcano Cake
One thing many of us geologists like to do is eat (especially in the field), so I figured this link was appropriate (though you may not be able to take THIS piece of food out into the field). Want to learn how to make an erupting volcano cake that is completely safe to eat? Check it out! Pictures and quicktime video provided at the link.
The magic in this cake comes from 2 special effects: The dry ice in the magma chamber, and the hard candy lava streaming down the sides of the volcano.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Rock of Ages – Abandoned Rock Quarry Images
- Montagu Island Eruption Heats Up
- Activity at Yellowstone – Thoughts and Discussion
- Videos from Eyjafjalajökull eruption
- Geology Links for March 10th, 2010