Katrina – The Aftermath
Katrina’s aftermath has left absolutely horrific results through out the Gulf Coast. NOAA is posting high resolution aerial imagery of the region as they get it. You can get that information here, click on the boxes to zoom in to that specific area. Beware, the files are large. Physorg has a few articles on lessons from Mother Nature and past predictions on what would happen. More predictions from October 2004 in National Geographic. Levee system is currently being repaired. Did our politicians fail us? Keep in mind, hurricane season isn’t over. However, experts say the hurricane cycle is normal. However, they could become more powerful thanks to global warming.
Lastly, please consider some way of helping. Whether it is donating blood, money or supplies.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Severe Erosion Caused by Hurricane Ivan
- Katrina Threatens New Orleans
- June Science Picks — Leads, Feeds and Story Seeds
- How does the Mississippi River Change When the Levee Breaks?
- USGS: Your Resource During Hurricane Season