Antarctica Rapidly Losing Ice
According to new research, Antarctica is undergoing greater warming than any other place on Earth. As a result, it is losing ice at a rate never before seen. The recent collapse is attributed to climate warming in the Antarctic Peninsula, which is more pronounced than elsewhere in the world. In recent years, Domack said, the Antarctic Peninsula has lost ice shelves totaling more than 4,825 square miles.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- Disappearing Ice Shelves on Antarctic Peninsula
- Ice Shelves Disappearing on Antarctic Peninsula
- Retreat of Antarctic ice shelves not new
- New USGS Study Documents Rapid Disappearance of Antarctica’s Ice Shelves
- Using boulders to determine glacial thinning