Potential for earthquakes in the Bay Area
The East Bay Express has posted a great five page article entitled, “It’s not our fault” on the potential earthquake hazards that the San Francisco Bay Area is facing within the next 30 years. With the USGS predicting upwards of a 62% chance of a 6.7 or greater striking the Bay Area within the next 30 years and many structures in the region are still not considered safe in an earthquake, a large tremor has the possibility of being extraordinarily devastating.
Similar Posts on Geology News:
- New Forecast for California Earthquakes
- Southern San Andreas ready to explode
- The Next New Orleans – Northern California
- New Madrid: Debating Possibilities of a Future Earthquake
- Cascadia Subduction Zone – Modeling Tsunamis in Oregon